Thursday, October 25, 2018

August fourth twenty-eighteen

 We were married on August 4, 2018 in the Twin Falls, Idaho Temple. It was the most beautiful day and I could relive that day over and over again! I loved every part of it. I got married on my birthday. We did not try and plan our wedding on my birthday, but the date just worked for both families. My family from all over was having a family reunion that weekend, the Cluff's were headed to Hawaii the next week, and wanted the Washington reception before Hawaii, and the reception center had openings for limited days. Every time anyone realized that or found out, they thought I was crazy or they said, "Did Tyler talk you into that one? Only one gift and one date he has to remember." I felt the complete opposite about getting married on my birthday. What better present to have for the rest of my life? I get to celebrate the best gift I ever received every year on my birthday! Plus, I'm going to use the excuse of our anniversary AND my birthday as a way to make a bigger deal out of the day, maybe big trips!
The day before, August 3, My dad took all the Cluff boys, Manning, my brothers, and I out shooting in the South Hills. It was so fun! But I had a nasty huge bruise on the side of my arm for my wedding day (I'm sure you'll see it in some pictures). I guess I've been holding the gun wrong when I shoot?😂 After shooting, I went through the temple to get my endowments. I was so nervous before, just because it is such a big step, but also very excited! As soon as I stepped into the temple, all of my nerves went away and I was swept with comfort and love. My mom was with me the entire time and was helping me with anything I needed. It was great to have my mom there with me. The spirit in the temple is something I could never forget and could never explain to anyone. All I knew was I was in the right place and was doing the right thing. From this day on, I wear different underwear for the rest of my life!
The night before, we had the rehearsal dinner at 360 Main Event Center (the reception center) and Costa Vida served us! After the rehearsal dinner, Tyler bachelor party (his groomsmen and my brothers) all went out to play mini golf and then watched a movie at the hotel. I went home and Allee, Oakley, Mackenzie, and I had a "girls night" (as Oakley would say!) and painted our finger nails and listened to girly music. 
That next morning, I woke up, got ready and...lost his ring! I looked everywhere. I had it the night before and was showing my family and then could not find it that next morning. If I wasn't stressed enough about getting married, losing his ring really pushed me off the edge! My family and Mackenzie calmed me down and told me they'd find it. I wrote my mother and father a note and gave it to them before we left. My dad also got his tie that had "Dad, I loved you first. Nose, Lex" written on the back. "Nose" is a sign (touching our nose) or word we say to say "I love you" in our family. It came from Grandy and Pop, I believe they touched their lips instead. He was very emotional from then on. My dad never cries and so to see him cry, it made me very emotional. When we got to the temple and I saw Tyler dressed up, waiting for me, all of my stress left and I was just...happy! I could not believe that the day I have always been excited for was here and that I get to marry him! I am the luckiest girl in the world.
 I immediately told him I lost his ring, which my mom told me not to, so I didn't stress him out too,🤣 but he just told me not to worry about it. We got ready and then waited in a smaller sealing room with my great uncle, Mike Phillips, whom sealed us. It was very sentimental to have someone I know seal Tyler and I for all eternity. He talked to us about how we were feeling and how the sealing would go. I was so excited, nervous, comfortable, and anxious all at the same time. Writing this, I can feel all of these feelings all over again. Tyler just held my hand while rubbing my fingers the entire time. Before we went in, I asked him if he was ready. He did not even hesitate, "Yah!" and then we walked in. Seeing everyone there was so fun! So many people were there to support us and I was so happy to see everyone.
The sealing started at 11 a.m. and was over very quickly. It was a very spiritual and peaceful moment. I couldn't help but feel all the good feelings! After the sealing, everyone there congratulates us and hugs us. My dad was crying the entire time, which made me lose it! When Tyler and his dad hugged, they both were crying, which also made me lose it even more! I was so happy!
We walked out the temple doors, married!


















Aww my cute "Tub-Tub" and "Minnameet"




































































She ends up loving me in Hawaii, by the way!



























Behind the BEST photos!









The prettiest maid-of-honor💓














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Cluffies
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig